The stem & crown is what allows the watch be set. A stem is attached to the crown of the watch and goes into the movement. The watch stem/crown on new and vintage timepieces can be delicate and may easily break or become damaged by a sudden impact or pressure. Without these key pieces, it will be impossible to set the time. If you have a broken watch stem/crown, it can most likely be replaced with original parts to ensure the highest quality repair.
Not only can you have difficulty using a watch properly with a damaged watch stem/crown, but it can put your watch at risk of getting water damage. One of the worst things that could happen to one of your watches is water damage. If left unfixed, your watch will react with the oxygen in the air and will eventually begin to rust. This is something that no one wants to happen to one of their treasured timepieces.
The watch stem/crown is another opening leading to the timepiece’s movement. When not properly sealed or in place, this can cause moisture to leak into the movement, causing other possible damage to occur.
There are several ways to avoid stem and crown damages from occurring:
- Make sure to always have the stem and crown closed unless you are setting the watch
- Don’t force the stem and crown to open or close if it is giving you trouble
- Learn the proper way to use the stem and crown (some watches have a screw-down style crown)
- Don’t apply too much pressure when setting your watch
- If your stem/crown is in need of repair, our watch makers carefully disassemble the watch and replace the stem and/or crown with identical parts to ensure the appearance and function of the watch. We time test the watch to ensure its accuracy.
Time After Time offers a variety of repair and replacement services. For simple repairs, our in-house staff at any of our locations will be able to help find a solution or repair the issue with your watch. If you need a new watch battery, watch crystal repair
, or have another issue with your watch, Time After Time has a 6500 sq ft. state-of-the-art repair shop. We offer a free watch repair estimate by an expert watchmaker who will fully examine your watch and ensure it receives all the proper care it needs.
Additionally, Time After Time is able to offer several other great services such as:
- Replacing your watch battery
- Setting watch markers and hand alignment
- Refinishing your watch dial
- Restoring vintage timepieces
- Replacing crystals
- Ultrasonic cleaning of watch case and band
- Precautionary maintenance such as battery & diagnostic testing
- Water resistance testing
- Replacing your watch gasket
- Sizing your watch band
- Replacing your watch band
- Customized engraving and dials
Our US-based, Swiss-grade watch repair shop is able to provide any service to your timepiece. Plus, we offer free estimates and guarantee all repairs.
WE SERVICE AND PROVIDE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER PARTS FOR THE FOLLOWING WATCHES:
Get A Free Watch Repair Estimate!
- RAYMOND WEIL
- KATE SPADE
- SWISS ARMY
- MICHAEL KORS
- TAG HEUER
- KENNETH COLE
- PATEK PHILIPPE
- And many other brands!